We are excited to have Susan from the Firebase team visiting Oslo.
Susan will lead a codelab where we build an application with Firebase using Cloud Firestore and Cloud Functions.
When you build an app using Firebase, it takes care of data storage, synchronization, file storage, authentication, and other backend functionalities so that your time is spent polishing user interactions. In this codelab you will build a Firestore-backend restaurant recommendation web app.
You will learn how to:
* Read and write data to Firestore from a web app.
* Listen to changes in Firestore data in real-time.
* Use Firebase Authentication and security rules to secure Firestore data.
* Write complex Firestore queries.
* Integrate with Cloud Functions.
Power sockets are limited. Please bring an extra power strip if needed.
If you are working for companies or startups who are using extensively any Firebase product, please contact the Meetup organizer as we have save few seats for you.
Susan Goldblatt is a Software Engineer at Google. She works on Firebase as a front end developer. Before Google, she wrote a computer science curriculum for high schoolers and worked at a startup in NYC.